Tag Archives: Baltimore Wedding Blog
At Zeffert and Gold Catering, we love to provide resources which newly engaged couples are able to utilize when looking for special ideas or details for their upcoming big day. Below are a few of the best wedding blogs that we think are great and extremely helpful.
Style me pretty is one of the most well-known wedding blogs in the United States. It consistently blogs about ideas that are relevant to almost any wedding.
Ruffled is a great blog that has a lot of information and ideas for people who are looking to mix a little of something old with a little of something new for their special day.
This a bridal blog that tries to help you build and design your wedding “layer by layer.”
This more recently started blog is a great resource for any bride who is looking to design a comfortable and stylish country or rustic themed wedding.
This blog, which is designed and maintained by men, is one of the only blogs designed to help grooms. It gives advice, solid wedding planning tips and other helpful ideas that are more fitting for grooms.
On Sunday September 8th, we had the pleasure of celebrating Sam and Bob’s amazing wedding at the historic Cloisters Castle. Cloisters was the perfect venue to hold the wedding reception which featured a masquerade theme. The couple was married in the Cloister’s amphitheater which allowed them to be closely surrounded by family and friends. After the ceremony, guests were treated to a seemingly never ending meal with four food stations set up around the castle. The stations included a filet mignon martini station, San Antonio Fiesta station, Catch of the day station featuring tortilla crusted tilapia and seared Ahi tuna, and a stir fry station with three different styles of stir fry. For dessert, guests were able to eat from a bazaar of cakes, each decorated with a different saying that was hand chosen by Sam and Bob. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day and we know you have a long marriage with lots of love to look forward to.
Planning a wedding is no easy task, but with today’s technology and the power of your smartphone, couples are able to tackle small and large details and manage tasks by utilizing apps which make wedding planning a little bit simpler. There are many apps on the iPhone and Android market which cater to all aspects of planning. Zeffert and Gold has carefully compiled a list of our favorite wedding planning apps-all of which are multi-functional, dependable, and affordable! These apps all provide the same purpose: to make your wedding planning as stress-free, simple, and enjoyable as possible!
1. Wedit-This is just about the coolest, most innovative way to capture memories from a guest’s perspective. How it works is Wedit sends 5 HD cameras in the mail 3 days before the wedding. The bride and groom can then give them out to guests, people in the wedding party, or anyone attending their special day. After the big day, the couple sends the cameras back with all of the funny or sentimental footage to Wedit. Wedit will then take the footage and make special videos with music for the bride and groom to watch and enjoy after their wedding. The total package is about $500, but a great deal for the memories you are capturing by those who attended your special day. Wedit is not an app you can find on the app markets, but you can find out more about it at www.wedit.com.
2. The Married App-This innovative photo app lets guests take photos of your special day and the pictures are automatically shared in real time through the customized app. Even better-since the pictures are stored in real time, they can be displayed on a projector or television during the reception. What a cool way to capture memories and candid moments of your special day as they are happening! Plus, it’s free for iPhone and Droid users!
3. WeddingScan-This app is extremely helpful as couples do their gift registry because you can use the barcode scanner on any item from any store. If a product doesn’t have a barcode, the couple can take a picture and add a brief description of the item. Guests can then purchase the items from the store it was scanned from, a trusted vendor on Amazon.com, or anywhere else they may find it. The items are stored in one central location through the WeddingScan app or on the website for easy accessibility. This app is only $2.99!
4. The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner-This is THE ultimate planning guide (hence the name) where you can access every wedding detail from anywhere. This FREE app sets a countdown until your wedding, a checklist of tasks already done, future tasks and current tasks, a budget tool, wedding vendor search, ideas for dress, cake, décor and so much more. This app really is a multi-functional tool to help keep your wedding planning moving.
5. Seating Planner-One of the most tedious tasks of wedding planning is making a seating chart for guests at the reception. With Seating Planner, you can fix your seating arrangement by dragging guest names to the tables ordered by number. You can also track who accepts and declines your invitation, as well as special meals for guests. Choose from a number of different table shapes and guest numbers per table. This app can save a bunch of time when trying to determine where your guests will sit. This app costs $1.99.
6. Fun Wedding-Getting your guests to the dance floor requires an upbeat wedding playlist, and you can custom make it using Fun Wedding. For 99 cents, you can choose from over 19 music charts which have been requested at receptions all over the world. You can choose the timeless classics that bring everyone to their feet, to the most popular first dance songs, or today’s top 40 songs. There are thousands of songs to choose from to create your personalized wedding playlist that will have people on the dance floor all night.
There are many apps on the market aimed to assist your wedding planning, so play around with ones you find interesting until you find ones that work for you. The apps range in price, but there are many free ones you can utilize. Remember-wedding planning should be an exciting time where stress should be limited. Have fun with it because it will pass by faster than you can say “Zeffert and Gold!” Happy planning!
Baltimore Caterers Zeffert and Gold: Important Catering Questions to Ask Your Catering Company to Ensure the Perfect Event
When starting to plan your big event; whether it be a wedding, corporate gala, bar mitzvah, sweet sixteen, baby shower or any other type, it is important to know what to ask your caterer. So much effort and preparation is put towards making that special day perfect, and there are a few very important questions to consider in order to make things run smoothly. It is absolutely key that you and your caterer are on the same page so that the small details come together and the day goes smoothly. Below are some excellent questions to ask so that you can ensure your event is well taken care of and delicious of course.
1. What does the price include?
Catering companies all have different ways of determining price for an event based on a number of factors. Some may claim to have a package deals, but you want to make sure they include linens, kitchenware, glassware and plates, and all service staff including chefs, managers, and bartenders. Additionally, ask if there are any service fee’s or gratuity that you may not be aware of. In order to stay within your budget, this is an important question so that you know what comes with your package and what things may end up adding to the cost. At Zeffert and Gold, our per person pricing includes everything you need for your event including all the things mentioned above and more. No need to hire outside staff, linens, dishware, utensils or anything else that some catering companies may not offer. Of course, there are upgrades that are available such as premium style linens and dishware, but those options are only if you chose to use those options. Nonetheless, we give you a price per person based on all of the things you want and need at your event.
2. Can I see a sample menu?
Catering companies should definitely allow clients to see sample menus, with pricing, so that they can get an idea of what the company is capable of and what the associated costs are. This allows people to visualize their options and choose the appropriate items based on the type of event. Some catering companies also offer customized menu’s which brings me to the next question.
3. Do you offer customized menu options?
Catering companies must know how to tailor a menu for the client’s personal taste so that event remains unique and personal. A good rule of thumb, is that if you ask a catering company to make changes to an item and they say they are unable to do so, it is most likely because the product is bought and not made by the caterer. Zeffert and Gold offers a one-of-a-kind menu design, where with the help of our event designers and chefs, you can completely customize each item, or make an entirely new menu customized to meet and exceed your expectations.
4. Can we sample the chosen menu?
It is extremely important for a client to be able to sample the menu before the event so that they can make any changes to menu items. Although their may be a most popular manner in which a dish can be served, perhaps something is a little too spicy, or another type of sauce would go better with an item to perfectly fit your preferences. These types of adjustments can all be accommodated for during a menu tasting. That way when the event occurs, your food will be precisely what you were hoping for and will be able to enjoy.
5. Does the price include event set up AND breakdown?
Some catering companies are “full service” and include set up, service during the event and break down at the events conclusion. Others do not. It is important to ask your caterer what they provide for guests so that no matter what, everything is handled before, during and after an event. Zeffert and Gold never expects clients to help with set up or breakdown. Your only job is to enjoy your event and leave all the work for us.
6. Who will actually be running the event?
Some companies have a coordinator who will work with a client all the way up to the event, then the day the event arrives, and someone who you have never seen is now your point of contact. Zeffert and Gold will always have an event coordinator who will assist the client in creating a custom menu, coordinate planning in the months and days before, and of course be present during your event. This way they are there to help with any issues or questions to ensure the event will run exactly as it was intended to.
There are many other questions and factors to consider when meeting with your event caterer. As you begin to plan your event, start jotting down any questions that come up so that when you first meet with the caterer, all of your concerns will be addressed. It is better to ask too many questions than not enough. Your caterer should be happy to accommodate your wishes and concerns so that your event is exactly the way you envisioned.
Carrie Patterson Photography
By: Jamie Miles
Tis the season for winter weddings, meaning comfort-food favors, festive florals and outdoor scenic photos. Carrie Patterson of Carrie Patterson Photography in snowy Wyoming provides some tips and tricks for taking outdoor shots so you avoid looking washed out in the wintry weather.
1. Find a Contrasting Backdrop “No matter the lighting situation, placing a bride in a white dress against a blank white canvas will cause the dress to blend in and you’ll lose all the pretty details,” Patterson says. She advises scouting locations like a rustic barn, large woodpile, rock façade or pine forest so the bride and groom stand out.
2. Dress Warmly You don’t want to shiver through your photoshoot! Wear a fur wrap or cardigan during outdoor shoots and have your groom don a warm wool jacket. “It looks sharp and keeps the chill off,” she says.
3. Head Indoors In addition to outdoor shots, Patterson likes to shoot black-and-white photos of couples in front of a large window to keep the scenery but change the setting up a bit.
4. Be Mindful of Daylight “Schedule a ceremony that offers plenty of time for pictures,” Patterson recommends. Keep in mind in winter the sun sets as early as 4:45 so be sure to get shots before dark. “This is even more critical if you don’t want to see each other before the ceremony,” she adds.
5. Accessorize with Color– or a Tan! “You can easily add warmth and color to your look by wearing a pretty fur wrap or wool peacoat,” Patterson advises. Another option? “A professional spray tan never hurts…” she says.
We had a minute to breath in between the tail end of wedding season and the beginning of holiday festivities so we made some foods to try!
Pumpkin S’mores on Ginger Snaps
Tuna Spoon on Asian Slaw with Avocado and Cucumber Wasabi
Acorn Squash Bruschetta on Garlic Crostini
Call us at 410-944-4481 to get starting designing your event!
Vince and Ticona designed a wedding fit for royalty. Every detail was planned and executed exactly how they had hoped. The product- the wedding of their dreams. The reception was a lavish and joyous affair, full of life, music and energy. We are thrilled that we were able to be a part of your special day. We know you two will have an amazing bright future.
All Photos Courtesy of Judah Avenue Photography
Check out the rest of the wedding photographs from Judah Avenue Photography! Click Here
Jen and Jarrod celebrated their dream outdoor wedding at Stepne Manor in Chestertown Maryland. Stepne Manor is part of the Brittland Estates located near the Chester River and historic downtown Chestertown. Their wedding was held in a tent wonderfully decorated with several special items. The sports themed table decor, the skittle vodka bar, and the cute Natty Boh and Utz Potato Chip girl sticker on the lollipop place card were just a few of the ways this couple incorporated some of their favorite details into their amazing day. We thank the couple for letting us be a part of their special day and wish them all the best in their future together!
Jonah and Kate could not have had a more beautiful day to share the most beautiful moment in their lives together. On Saturday, September 15th, with family and friends around them, they became husband and wife. They enjoyed the beautiful day with cocktails in the lower garden and continued the celebration with a reception on the gorgeous fourth floor of the 1840′s Ballroom. Congratulations to the awesome couple we truly enjoyed being able to be a part of your special day! All photographs courtesy of Porter Watkins Photography