Watermelon & Strawberry Smoothies
A delicious treat to enjoy anytime!
1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups fresh diced watermelon (no seeds)
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of orange juice or lemonade
1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth and delicious. Enjoy!
Here are a few pictures from last weeks weddings at the Cloisters Castle.
As he does every year, Zeffert and Gold’s Chef Daniel Elardo, went to Coastal Sunbelt Produce’s Take Your Child to Work Day. Dan had almost 50 children to teach one of his favorite recipes. Together they made cucumber and watermelon salad. This perfect summer salad can be made with all local ingredients and is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Make sure to ask your event specialist to help incorporate this salad into your next event! Chef Daniel looks forward to coming back and working with Coastal Sunbelt next year
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Baltimore Catering Company, Baltimore Corporate Catering, Baltimore Fundraiser Catering, Baltimore Summer Appetizers, Catering for Kids, Catering in the Community, Catering with Kids, Coastal Sunbelt Produce, Community Catering, Cucumber Watermelon Salad, Fundraiser Catering, Maryland Summer Appetizers, Summer Appetizers, Zeffert and Gold Chef Daniel Elardo
We love the Baltimore summer, but sometimes we just need something to cool us down and help us relax. Take one sip of this delicious Mango Gazpacho, and you will feel like you have been transported to a beach in the middle of the Caribbean. Use it as a passed appetizer at your summer event! Call 410-944-4481 so we can help you begin your party planning now!
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Baltimore Food, Baltimore Wedding Catering, Catering with Mango, Delicious Baltimore Appetizer, Delicious Mango Recipe, Fruitty Gazpacho, Fun Food, Fun Gazpacho, Good Food, Mango, Mango Catering, Mango Gazpacho, Maryland Wedding Catering, Washington DC Wedding Catering
Dessert at a wedding is not all about the cake anymore. Perhaps your just not wedding cake kind of people. Instead of serving the traditional dessert with tons of leftovers, why not opt for something a bit less traditional. Perhaps you want to stack cupcakes on tiers to resemble a wedding cake. Or maybe you’re more interested in mini pastries. Whatever your flavor, we have some great ideas for you:
- Candy Bar: Choose a few of your favorite candies and order them in bulk. Place them in assorted sizes of glass jars in fun shapes and have scoops for each jar. Don’t forget to have bowls or plastic bags with ties on the table for guests to place their choices in for after the wedding.
- Waffle or Crepe Station: This decadent bar can be equipped with fruits, berries, chocolate syrup and whipped cream as toppings. Did somebody say Nutella and bananas…
- Milk and Cookie Bar: Embrace your inner child with a plate full of warm cookies and milk. Who can say no to that? Serve your guests regular, strawberry and chocolate milk acoompanied by an assortment of freshly baked warm cookies.
- Cupcakes: Love the idea of cake but don’t want to limit your guests to just a few flavors? Why not enlist the help of your favorite local bakery. Cupcakes are a fantastic alternatives and there are countless numbers of flavors to choose from. Did we mention that if you use a tier display your cupcakes look like a cake!
- Cheesecake Shooters: Now these are one of our specialties. The small desserts are the perfect size if you just want a taste. They come in a variety of flavors such as chocolate, strawberry, blueberry and peanut butter to please every palate! Don’t feel bad if you eat 2 or 3… they are called shooters for a reason.
- Gourmet Popcorn Bar: Popcorn has become extremely popular both as an appetizer and as a dessert. We have done many flavors such as our white truffle popcorn as an appetizer, but for a few recent parties we have done delicious popcorn bars for dessert. We have done flavors like green apple, blue raspberry, apple pie, strawberry. We are able to do almost any flavor you can think of. Get creative and let us make your dream come true.
- House Made Ice Cream: Let us take your favorite flavors and custom make ice cream for your special event!
- To Go Course: Give your guests pie in a mason jar or sliders and fries to go! Send your guests off with a special treat.
- Your Favorite Dessert: Let Zeffert and Gold Catering design the perfect dessert to fit your style!
Posted in Dessert, Wedding Planning Tips, Zeffert and Gold
Tagged Baltimore Catering, Baltimore Dessert Wedding Idea, Baltimore Wedding Catering, Baltimore Wedding Planning, Baltimore Wedding Planning Ideas, Baltimore Wedding Tips, Fun Dessert Idea, Idea for wedding desserts, Wedding Cake Alternatives, Wedding Catering, Wedding Dessert, Wedding Dessert Idea
April 6th was a beautiful Spring day, which turned out to be almost as amazing as Lizzy and Everett’s Wedding. With the help of friends and family Lizzy and Everett enjoyed a wedding filled with so many amazing details that truly made the day special for all involved. Elle Ellinghaus of Elle Ellinghaus Designs, decorated the reception tent and cocktail hour, creating one of the most amazing atmospheres we have experienced. Congratulations to the wonderful couple, we wish you all the happiness in the world and are thrilled to have been a part of your special day.
Event Coordinator and Designer: Elle Ellinghaus Designs
Location: Evergreen Museum and Library
Band: Monte Carlo
Tenting: Loane Brothers
Furniture Rental: AFR Event Rental
Florist: My Flower Box
Cake: Flavor Cupcakery
Photographer: Michael Connor Studios *
* All photographs on this blog post are by Zeffert and Gold Catering
The first step to accommodating guests with food allergies is to be aware of them. Typically people with servere allergies will inform you, but if you’re not sure just ask. Don’t forget to find out about other important dietary perferences or restrictions such as those who need gluten free meals, keep kosher and vegetarians and vegans.
The next step is to let your caterer know as soon as possible. There is no need to rearrange your entire meal for a handful of people. Each company has their own policy on how to accomoodate those with allergies and dietary preferences and restrictions. Some will prepare a seperate meal for these guests. Others will help to ensure that some of your menu choices are gluten free or vegetarian and you didn’t even realize. Your catering company are your go to experts, so don’t be afraid to ask them for tips!
Once you have pinpointed the specific allergies and identifited the ingredients in your food, just make sure to inform your guests. If there are any questions on your big day, guests can always ask the event manager about any specific questions. Voila! Crisis averted.
If you have any questions about how to create a delicious menu while keeping all dietary preferences and restrictions in mind please call us at 410-944-4481.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged baltimore gluten free catering, baltimore vegan catering, baltimore vegetarian catering, catering a gluten free wedding, catering a vegan wedding, catering a vegetarian wedding, gluten free cateirng, gluten free wedding baltimore, maryland gluten free catering, maryland vegan catering, maryland vegetarian catering, vegan wedding maryland, vegetarian wedding baltimore, Wedding, wedding caterers in Baltimore, wedding caterers in baltimore who accomadate allergies, weddings with allergies
One of the most popular themes for many of our upcoming weddings seems to be the elegant picnic. These events are mostly at comfortable outdoor venues especially those with tents and an expansive view of the outdoors. The menu at many of these events consist of boutique appetizers, delicious gourmet picnic foods and sides served alongside custom made picnic drinks like our house made strawberry basil lemonade. Many of these events have a casual and comfortable feel where guests can eat, drink dance, or hang out nearby and play lawn games while socializing with friends and family. Call us today so that we can design a charming menu that will fit both your style and budget! 410-944-4481
We are so proud to have worked with such amazing vendors in our industry with such great ideas. We feel lucky to have worked with you and are happy that we can all share the award for the ”Best Overall Neighborhood.” We know we will work with all of you again very soon. Check out some pictures from the event!
Thanks to these amazing vendors:
Innovative Party Planners
For those of you that missed us on Wednesday night at Ten Oaks Ballroom you’re in luck! We’ll be at Evergreen Museum & Library this Wednesday, March 20th from 6:00pm-9:00pm.
For those of you planning a Wedding or Bar or Bat Mitzvah in the Baltimore or Washington DC area you can’t miss this showcase. There will be delicious samples of some of our latest food creations and a multitude of vendors including DJ’s, bands, photographers, florists etc. There will be an entry fee of $5.00 per adult.
Evergreen Museum & Library is located at 4545 N. Charles St, Baltimore, Md. If you have any additional questions feel free to give us a call at 410-944-4481.
Don’t forget your appetite and we can’t wait to see you there!
Posted in Uncategorized, Zeffert and Gold
Tagged Baltimore Bar Mitzvah Catering, Baltimore Wedding Catering, Baltimore Wedding Planning, Bar Mitzvah Catering, Bat Mitzvah Catering, Celebration Showcase Baltimore, Evergreen Catering, Evergreen Wedding, Special Event Catering, Zeffert and Gold Catering